Demarest Nature Center Association
2018 Environmental Studies Scholarship
The Demarest Nature Center Association is offering a $500 scholarship to assist a graduating senior pursuing a study of, or related to, the environment.
The requirements are:
- The applicant must be a high school senior attending either Northern Valley Regional High School in Demarest, The Academy of the Holy Angels in Demarest, a resident of Closter, Haworth or Demarest attending Bergen Counties Academies or a member or the child of a current member of the Demarest Nature Center Association gradating from another high school.
- The applicant must be accepted and planning to attend an educational institution in the coming school year (2018/2019) pursuing environmental studies or a similar program such as one involving habitat conservation, natural resource management, preservation and protection of nature and/or education of the public concerning such subjects.
Applications should include:
- The student’s name and complete contact information.
- The name of the high school and guidance counselor contact information.
- A copy of the student’s current high school transcripts.
- A copy of the Letter of Acceptance from the college or university where the applicant will be (or is considering) attending classes for the fall semester.
- A 150-word essay discussing the reasons why he or she should receive the Scholarship.
Applications should be postmarked no later than May 1, 2018 and mailed to:
C/O Demarest Nature Center Association
PO Box 41
Demarest, NJ 07627
(NOTE: IF YOU ARE DROPPING OFF YOUR APPLICATION AT THE DEMAREST POST OFFICE ASK THEM TO POST MARK YOUR ENVELOPE!)
The winner’s school will be notified by Monday, May 7th, 2018 and the award will be presented at the applicant’s year-end awards assembly.
The Demarest Nature Center Association is a 501(c)(3) not for profit Corporation.