Mission of the Nature Center
According to the 1972 articles of Incorporation, the purposes of the organization are:
- To acquire or lease undeveloped lands and establish thereon educational building(s).
- To develop natural history and conservation education programs in cooperation with schools, colleges, hospitals, youth groups and other organizations which will develop an understanding and appreciation of natural resources.
- To cooperate with national, state, county, municipal and private natural resource agencies in providing an outdoor laboratory in which to demonstrate natural resource problems and management techniques.
- To provide opportunities for individual and family pursuit of hobby or more serious interest in natural resources.
- To provide trails and facilities so that individuals and family groups may visit the center for the recreation and enjoyment of being in the outdoors